Your Top 5 Reasons to Attend IBM TechU
This October, IBM Systems Technical University (TechU) is heading to Las Vegas.
By Mahdad Majd07/11/2019
For more than two decades, IBM Systems has delivered top-notch technical training conferences to empower IBM clients, business partners and employees with skills and expertise on IBM infrastructure solutions. I’ve attended TechU many times, and I particularly like the keynotes and brand opening sessions, which always offer a guiding light for what to expect next in IT and help organizations set their business strategy.
I’ve had the opportunity to expand my skills at TechU by participating in technical classroom sessions and hands-on labs, as well as by attending IT leadership tracks and professional development courses. World-class experts from around the globe teach complex technical topics, as well as soft skills like conflict management, design thinking, and why projects fail. I’ve been delighted to see these competencies included at TechU.
But don’t just take my word for it. Our attendees consistently offer enthusiastic feedback about their experiences at TechU. Here are just a few snippets:
- “It’s like wonderland for tech geeks.” (See the full testimonial)
- “These are fantastic sessions [that] provide you with a wealth of knowledge.” (see the full testimonial)
- “It’s a great place for a meeting of the minds…. The brain trust of IBM is here.”
1. It’s the surefire way to get top-notch education, fast.Skills training is the foremost reason why people attend TechU. Maybe you’re new to the industry, need a fast path to expertise on a new IBM Systems solution or are honing your IT leadership credentials. TechU offers training for all these needs and more.
More than 700 sessions will be offered this October in Las Vegas. Sessions cover cutting-edge technologies like cloud, AI and DevOps, including fast-start workshops for those who are new to particular IBM hardware or software.
The conference also offers product announcements and in-depth technical training on specific IBM Systems solutions:
- IBM Z and LinuxONE: mainframe servers, z/OS, DevOps, pervasive encryption, z/OS storage administration, IMS, CICS and Db2
- IBM Power Systems: POWER servers, IBM i, AIX, Linux, cloud, artificial intelligence (AI) and SAP HANA
- IBM Storage: storage-specific learning paths, leadership track and storage for AI Social
All sessions are delivered by IBM experts and developers with a wealth of knowledge and experience with IBM Systems technologies.
2. You can boost your credentials with discounted certification exams and IBM Digital Badges.Ongoing technical skill building has become increasingly important for everyone today. Professional certifications are a way to validate for employers that you’ve trained in a given area; they demonstrate your competency. They also show your commitment to continuing education in your discipline. TechU attendees can save up to 50 percent on IBM Systems hardware and software certification exams.
Many TechU sessions are part of prescribed learning paths designed to help you quickly build skills in specific areas. When you successfully complete a learning path, you can earn an IBM Digital Badge. Digital credentials are a popular way to showcase your expertise. In Las Vegas, you can choose from:
- IBM Z DevOps Fast Start
- Pervasive Encryption Fast Start
- IBM Storage Fast Start
- z/OS Fast Start for Rookies
- LinuxONE Fast Start for Linux Admins
- AIX Admin Fast Start
3. Networking opportunities will help you expand your professional network.The chance to network with your peers is an obvious reason for attending conferences that align to your professional experience. Networking is also widely known as the No. 1 way to get a new job.
TechU attendees repeatedly emphasize the value of the business networks at the event. At TechU, you can connect with peers who have experience on the same infrastructure solutions, as well as with IBM experts and business partners.
4. You can showcase your products and solutions.TechU events welcome more than 8,000 IT professionals, and these attendees can be key prospects for your products and solutions.
When you participate in our Solution Center, you can:
- Generate revenue by closing existing deals and developing opportunities with IT directors, managers and other decision makers
- Build brand awareness for your company
- Showcase the business value of your offerings through product demos and presentations
- Network with decision makers and influencers in the IT community
5. Because it’s Vegas.IBM Systems Technical Universities are offered at locations around the world throughout the year. For at least some prospective attendees, TechU in Las Vegas offers a chance to visit a major city in the southwest United States where the sun shines 320 days a year and world-class dining and accommodations await you.
Are you convinced yet? Learn more and register today. And if Las Vegas is too remote for you, check out the many other locations offering IBM Systems Technical Universities this year. I hope to see you there!
Mahdad Majd is the IBM Systems Lab Services program director for IBM Marketing and Events.
Post a Comment
Note: Comments are moderated and will not appear until approvedcomments powered by Disqus