Operations Analytics on Mainframe simplifies performance management and mitigates skill gaps
Today, mainframes generate 30 billion transactions a day and host 80% of business data.
By Jacky Hofbauer08/26/2020
Mainframes, complex and huge, require constant management to keep systems available and users happy. Managing a system involves access to the right information at the right time. This means overcoming a multitude of obstacles:
- Availability - Mainframe log files are hard to collect and consume precious, expensive resources.
- Maintenance - Data storage requirements and throughput can be overwhelming.
- Readability - Operational data is only readable by system experts.
- Scope - It comes in silos, by technical components, and doesn't provide an infrastructure overview.
- Contextualization - Raw data is of little help to make strategic decisions.
What are the consequences of these obstacles for your organization? IT environment management shortcomings have a direct impact on various levels:
- Business risks - Performance issues impacting the company's direct revenue
- Financial pitfall - Waste of resources leading to unproductive investments and money losses
- Time loss - Low productivity for operational staff waiting for the right insights
- Bad image - Poor IT system reputation leading to fewer investments and diminished attractiveness
That is why we created ZETALY Service Intelligence, an all-in-one and simple mainframe operations analytics solution. This turn-key software collects all KPIs mainframe managers need to improve the performance and affordability of their mainframe, and displays this information in an easy-to-understand, intuitive interface powered by business intelligence. This offers a day-to-day solution for understanding how resources are being used and what ROI is being delivered by mainframe activity.
Hofbauer is the President and Chief Strategy Officer of zCost Management, a leading company in MLC cost control. He has been intricately involved with system Z and z pricing for over 30 years and is a recognized expert in this area. He continues to share his knowledge and experience through well-known white papers and newsletters about system z and z pricing.